Ranchers Who Review Movies.

Friday, June 12, 2009

The Incredible Hulk

I am a huge Marvel fan. I never really got into comic books, but I loved the cartoons (Namely X-men and the ideas behind it.) I watched the shows as a kid, found the movies to be great, and even began reading comic books simply because of my love for them. This of course all culiminated into who I am now. I love superhero's. Not the pure honest kind that DC tries to portray (I do love Batman though.) But the gritty, problem filled characters who I can relate too.

So with all that being said, here is my review of a slightly older movie, The Incredible Hulk.

While at first I must say, I waited to see this one on cable. I wasn't going to shell out 14 and change just to see it as I never really cared for the hulk. Still I must say while my choice to watch it at home was the right choice... This movie is seriously far better then I expected it to be.

We all know the story of the Hulk, a big green monster (With a geeky-nerdy counterpart) who when angry destroy's anything and everything. The movie does a great job at showing off the true powers of the Hulk, but it also does one better. It shows the struggle of Bruce Banner in his daily life.

While the entire range of needed elements are here (Love, violence, guns, etc) The only thing really truly lacking in the Hulk is some sort of explanation. I saw Watchmen a while back and I was stunned. Every character was explained. Every element was detailed. But The Incredible Hulk seemed like an expansion pack. A sequel as it were.

Had I not known things about the Hulk I'd have seriously been questioning everything, (WHY didn't the Hulk attack little miss hotty AKA Liv Tyler?).

So in short, it's a good movie. The action scenes are top notch and this is another superhero movie worth a nod at the very least. Though be warned, if you have no prior knowledge of The Hulk, you might just want to google a bio of some kind.


The Incredible Hulk 5.0/10 "Hulk, angry at mediocre number! Rawwggghhhh"

0 comments: