Ranchers Who Review Movies.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


Alright so I figured before I did what I needed to do today I'd write yet another review. This time a review for the latest Harry Potter entry.

I'll start by saying I didn't particularly like the books (More so how they read. I thought the story line was decent.) But I did NOT read the Half-Blood Prince. Though both occasions I saw the movie I was with people who had. It's your typical Harry Potter movie. Lot's of high priced effects, not so much in terms of acting depth, but that story element that has you guessing the whole time.

Still this time around I spent more time going, "Wtf is going on?" Then actually enjoying myself. Yeah the spells are great, and I'm even growing to think the new guy playing Albus Dumbledore is doing well and FINALLY coming into the role that Richard Harris had nailed to a T prior to his death.

Still the plot was filled with more holes then Swiss Cheese, things just didn't make sense. Even before I knew things had been removed it seemed like a TON of parts had been pulled out and were missing.

Things never added up and the whole movie seemed like a proverbial circle jerk for fans of the book who'd most likely read it even just before going into the theatre.

The acting had even dropped a notch. The older guys and girls seemed to handle their roles well, but Harry and the gang of misfits couldn't hold it down. A particular scene where Hermione is crying and angry comes to mind. I mean I know teenage girls make no sense when they're upset, and often blow things out of proportion... But come on REALLY!? That's the best you could do!?

As I said before it just made no sense to me. The end was a spectacle, some of the spells were amazing, but even a death scene that should have been epic was just skipped quickly over.

Ontop of the horribly long wait time, this Harry Potter disappointed me. I think I'll wait for a DVD before I get the next one.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 5.0/10 "Expeliarmus! Why do all the spells sound like an expansion on the Toys-R-Us chain of stores?"

0 comments: